Thursday, February 14, 2008

Well, what can I say?!

Dscn2761



Dscn2752



Dscn2773



Dscn2770



A pictorial metaphor for my life in Huntsville, Alabama.  Deb, my sister, fulfilled a dream last week by attending a heirloom sewing class with Martha Pullen.  Deb was in heaven and was at the top of her game from the excitment of sewing...she nearly finished a christening gown that is going to be for one of her granddaughters.  I managed to see a little of the city but mainly just kicked back and relaxed by reading, crocheting, or doing some of the design exercises from the Visual Language book by Dunnewold/Benn/Morgan while she was in class.



The month has been a busy one and I hope I can get through the rest of the month's plans.  Tuesday I returned home and now have a touch of Bronchitis which has made me re-evaluate some of my plans for this weekend.  I'm taking a super-duper antibiotic and steroids so I hope to make it to some of the activities related to the Gee's Bend quilters being here along with the exhibit at the Speed Museum.





   



5 comments:

  1. Huntsville looks warm and bright. I hope you can salvage at least some of your weekend -- meeting or listening to Gee's Bend quilters sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, feel better, gee's bend quilters, what a treat. that crochet project looks rather fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors! Those are my very favorites! :-) Gee's bend...how wonderful, can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how warm and inviting. PLEASE take good care of yourself. Hey, I was just at Rayna's blog. I am a comma looking for a question mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time in Huntsville, low-key and relaxing. Take care of yourself because we are all looking forward to a vicarious Gee's Bend experience!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...