After much pondering and pontificating, and to make the most of this propitious moment, I'm ready to proceed and pen my artistic goals as I stand at the precipice of 2013. (This post brought to you by the letter p).
My overriding business goal: Complete Access to Market. As a result of this this, these things will happen:
- complete business plan
- a website
- professional images of my art
Business Goal #2
- Submit to a minimum of 5 exhibits
Business Goal #3
- Track expenses
- Track time in the studio
My overriding creative goal: To create more quilts
- Start the series that is a tribute to the novels of Toni Morrison Bluest Eye (1970) and Sula (1974)
- 2 more boat quilts
- 2 more Crowbonics quilts
- 2 more portrait quilts or narrative (jockey, mid-wife)
- 20 small quilts wrapped around frame, 12" x 12" or less
- bear with me on this one, it is only about the 4 time I'm giving this a try...but follow a regiment of working through at least 3 technique books this year. (It feels so wasteful to have books I already own at my disposal and not use them)
- take pictures
- zentangle daily on paper and on cloth*
- Goodfolk Festival, I pondered if this was a business goal, but I had so damn much fun that I would do it again and this is also why the concentration on 20 smaller pieces, for the booth there and hopefully sharing it with the same 2 friends since we proved to co-mingle well together already.
- 2 Teaching gigs
- 1 artist's date each month
And my word for the coming year is DISCERNMENT, (I know, not a P-word), to catch sight of, recognize, and understand. Since I'll be receiving loads of business information, I want to make sure my grasp and focus is good and that I'm able to determine what is specifically right for me given my own heart, mind, and circumstances.
I bid you, as always, Peace...