I finished beading this yesterday. More than anything it was an opportunity to practice machine quilting. I started out marking it with a disappearing marker and before it disappeared I put an iron to it so the marks which can be seen here:
After this mistake, I just went with free motion and was attempting to duplicate the cut out of the lace fabric on the top. The orange was hand-dyed by me, the aqua was painted by Sonji and the lace was painted by Michelle. I like this piece for the colours and the simple elegance. I'll put it up somewhere around here after I mount it on canvas or foamcore someday.
(above) painting on silk with Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow
hodge-podge of hand dyed scraps, silk, cotton, paper, angelina fibers, marker.
and this one was an attempt to use angelina fibers to simulate tear drops/rain drops and I wanted to fmq with metallic thread. This thread is Madeira and it didn't shred or break at all.