Monday, August 1, 2005

Salty and Hot

Last Thursday I had a series of appts at the pulmonary specialty clinic at Vanderbilt Hosp. and since then I have been craving and eating like there is no tomorrow...especially salty and hot food...dill pickles, sliced tomatoes with hotsauce, grilled pepper jack cheese sandwiches, tomato soup with hot sauce,...and today I even craved and ate a White Castle cheeseburger which I never ever eat or want unless I'm coming on my cycle and its not time for it.  I don't know whats up...but its like I have a bottomless pit.  I want to say its nerves since the appointment left room for more questions then answers, thus I still feel in limbo. 



More sometime later about the relaxing and fun part of my trip and stay for 5 days with my sister, Deb.



8 comments:

  1. Hope your test results are helpful. I have what I call Bottomless Pit days sometimes, but mine are definitly related to hormonal fluctuations.
    Looking forward to hearing about your visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Violet says: Yes, it's nerves and also it's the weather and your body's need to cool off. Salty+fluids, spicy+sweat. Does this sound right to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cheryl, it's the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my finger crossed for good test reults. As to the eating thing, gotta be stress...and the fact you probably had to take all the tests after fasting. When ever I have to do this , I could eat the legs off a table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with the medical stuff (as in they find out something to help.)
    Will be thinking good thoughts for you. Have fun with your sister. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they're ableto help you out and make you feel better. I'd chalk it up to stress too. Do you normally eat salty foods as your comfort food (mine is chocolate)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally with you on that food, just licking my lips until you hit White Castle. Now I am worried about you. I thought White Castles were only for late night after too much drinking binges. I guess what I am saying is I would have to be too drunk to know better if I were to have one of those, but the rest of the menu sounded wonderful!!!
    Vanderbilt is a great hospital. I hope they get all the answers for you. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi:checking in from vacation to say hope you are doing ok and that your test results are helpful and you get those lousy questons answered. I'd say you are having a bout of stress eating and its ok!! I'm actually having a bout of low stress eating. No virtuous days here with my family!!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...