Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stitching Woman Gonna Work It Out

DSCN1860 DSCN1862 DSCN1863 DSCN1864 DSCN1869

I've been going back to older thought-it-was-completed work.  The crow was just a study though that Valerie White said I needed to complete when she saw it last year.  Can you see where I'm going with this?  I had no idea I would release the crow from the rectangle...it was impulsive on my part and while cutting I thought this was the seed from Penny Sisto that was beginning to bloom.  The crow doesn't work against this blue but I have a orangey-red silk that I think would work as a surrounding back ground.  I'm just not willing to sacrifice the silk if I don't have a clearer picture of what is happening with Mr. Crow and until I do it will sit yet again.  


DSCN1876 


This is 'Round Midnight.  I blogged about it over a year ago, but knew it needed something more.  I added the red circulars but failed to check value before stitcheing 3 of them.  It is the brighter section of the varigated thread that gives some contrast.  I think I have a solution but I'm going to stitch 2 more circulars before attempting to work it out.  


The motivation to go back into older pieces is coming from an upcoming display in the fall at a coffee shop and I want more coffee house friendly pieces...about 10-15.  



3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing these pieces. I look forward to seeing what you do with the crow and Round Midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, see, I loved the crow against that blue..because it looked as though it was addressing a group of crows who are facing it..(the dark crow-colored dyeing at the bottom of your scanned fabric)looks like hinted-at crows lined up) and the yellow around your perfectly released crow resonates well against the blue circles...GREAT work, valerie was right to encourage this crow to flight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    BlogFront.org is committed to uphold the quality standards of blogging. We strive to maintain and promote only the most credible blogs in their respective fields.
    Spam blogs or "splogs" has been a problem for some time now and people are getting confused about which blog to trust.
    We would like to thank you for maintaining such a reputable blog. We know that it takes time, effort and commitment to keep such a blog and as such, we have added your blog as one of the top Crafts Blogs.
    You can see your blog listed here: http://blogfront.org/crafts/5
    You can also claim your BlogFront Top Blogs badge at http://blogfront.org/badges/crafts
    Thank you for keeping your blog credible. Let's keep the blog revolution alive!
    Maria Blanchard
    BlogFront.org
    Blog Revolucion

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...