1. For collaborative exhibits make sure everyone has in and has ownership.
2. In estimating time to prepare, figure it up and then double it.
3. In estimating cost, figure it up and then double it.
4. Know the gallery and clarify what work is un/acceptable.
5. Family...you got to love 'em.
6. I'm not ready for a solo exhibit.
There may be more lessons to come before it is over, but these 6 bits I've taken to heart and soul.
August has been all about hand and machine quilting. I haven't been able to use the summer for any dyeing or breakdown printing or any surface design of cloth at all.
Minor but significant challenges have centered around how to hang a few pieces that are mounted to rag paper without running up the cost. Joann's gave me an estimate on one for 110 dollars and that was without glass and with the 50% off. I have come up with 3 other options but haven't settled on any of them.
Material Remains(c) hanging on the line in my studio
Untitled by Ronald "UPfromsumdirt" Davis