Thursday, August 15, 2013

August's N*a*k*e*d L*a*d*i*e*s

You know it is August when you see these lovelies!


I just absolutely am intrigued with these flowers!  Although this year they were not as plentiful around town as I've seen in previous years.  A couple of summers ago I planted some that were given to me in my mother's back yard.  They did not come up the following year and she has since moved into her apartment and I find myself each August since wondering if they are up.  The flowers come up over night the end of July, the first week of August and enjoy about 2 weeks of glory before they wilt and fade from the landscape. 

This week in the studio I've been listless.  Those thickened dyes  I was worried about still sit in the fridge...it felt like too much effort, I couldn't even muster interest in my Mojo paper quilts which was the creative life line that got me going last time and the few days in Yellow Springs revved me up the last 2 weeks, but this week, blah.

I attempted to just push the feeling aside and at least do something! So I drew another sketch of America Shannon using crosshatch and made some doodles (see here) that I'll paint with opaque paints tomorrow should the blah-ness continue. 

2 comments:

  1. I love them too! The Rhodie garden has miniature ones. I wanted to take a photo, but I would have had to get down - if you know what I mean! Too old to sit on the path and photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerrie, I wanted to take a photo from underneath the flower and thought twice about the wisdom of that! I didn't take the photo above, it is a stock photo from a state website.

      Delete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...