Friday, December 20, 2013

More Piddlin' Around

I should have my ass in that chair running that sewing machine.  I just woke up from a nap and have flipped through a couple of books, did a sketch assignment from the book Spirit Taking Form on drawing my dream studio.  It is a round clay building with a patio looking out over a busy city street. On the patio is a longe chair and a table.  Flower pots, probably with silk flowers whispered the plant murderer,  are around the door. The door is a heavy wood door imported from Nigeria and has carvings that tell the story of the poet-art quilter peasant woman.

I dabbled in my journal and pinned face to the design wall which was the outcome of yesterday's piddlin'.  It can be seen on my Facebook studio page.

4 comments:

  1. See you are becoming quite the "ARTIST". Like your journal page. Best wishes for the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Carol! You have any creative plans for the coming year?

      Delete
  2. Piddling'round is good food for the soul! You accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the nap was the biggest accomplishment for the day :)

      Delete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...