Friday, May 13, 2005

Catching up...

okay, quickly, my sweetie pie has been working on our computers and i haven't had access at home...at work all blogger.com sites are blocked so i can't even read and post or distract myself...my return to work has not been easy. the most annoying thing is for people to keep asking me what's wrong (when they see the portable o2) or how am feeling.  i'm polite enough, but most of my energy is geared toward achieving at least one productive thing while i'm there and trying not to focus on how i'm feeling because even on my good days i'm tired and achy with fewer shortness of breath and dizzy spells.  i come home and fall asleep most evenings and wake up the next morning. i've watched a few movies some evenings just to stay up and connect with my kiddos.  Mo put in Rabbit-Proof Fence a few evenings ago and it was a wonderful movie that reminded me of the tenacity of the human spirit.  My friend Dee talked about this movie a few months ago but I'm always so late in catching up to movies.  Has anyone else seen this? If not, I recommend it highly.



i've spent the last hour trying to catch up on blogs and now i'm running late in getting ready. 



6 comments:

  1. I'll admit it. I put in RABBIT PROOF FENCE last week, thinking I could watch/listen to it while cleaning the first floor. So much of the beginning was in Maori(?) that I stopped it and just sent it back to netflix unwatched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Rabbit Proof Fence!!! What an amazing true story! It was hard to keep from crying because the sisters' feat was so incredible! It just reminded me about stories here in the U.S. how Native American children were sent away to boarding schools and would try to get back home. R.P.F. is such an inspiring movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie too. The enduring human spirit and what it can accomplish - gives me chills! Wishing you well, Karen. I have missed your comments. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karoda, I hope being at work gets a bit easier for you soon. RabbitProof Fence was an excellent movie. My parents went to Australia and NZ a few years ago and read the book while they were travelling and gave it to me. I cried while reading the book, so I was just bawling during the movie. Such a moving story, and to think that it is true, and so recent in history also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never saw the movie, but I will try and check it out. Karoda, I was wondering about your absence...got a little concerned. Hope your home computer gets to working again soon. I hope and pray work gets a little easier to deal with too.
    Peace,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. All blog sites are BLOCKED at work!!!! You poor dear. I guess I shouldn't tell you that nearly all my bloggins is done at work, should I? I call it on the job training and that I'm learning to work with new information technology. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...