Monday, July 25, 2005

My week in review!

Dscn0678 Dscn0675_1                                                                                             











Photos taken by me at the Newport Aquarium above. (click on image to enlarge)



Dscn0664











Taking a break at the 2nd Annual African American Quilt/Fiber Art Design Symposium.



We, (family) also went to Athens to see the Quilt National Exhibit on Friday.  It was wonderful seeing June's Consider the Horse Chesnut quilt and Pam's PamDora's Box quilt in person! Congratulations to you both.



I spent all day Saturday and Sunday recuperating but the past week was well worth the exhaustion!



Here is my piece Cilium 1 being displayed at the symposium.



Dscn06501









10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Cilium 1 looks great, and it must feel terrific to see it displayed. Lucky you to see June and Pam's work in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonder-filled time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you got to see QN. I hope to make it some year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cilium turned out beautifully. I get the feeling that it really shines. You got to go to the African American Quilt/Fiber Symposium! COOL! (love the lobster!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah your quilts are gorgeous. We knew that.
    What I'm writing about is a quote from your bio that I just *have* to steal: "The lights are never [all] green at the same time."
    That is just SO going in my sketch book! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cillium DOES look great. I'm repeating everyone else, but we are all so brilliant in our proclamations. You have a great sense of creating textural elements. Layered, thick and alive. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been sitting here dreaming of a quilting weekend somewhere. This coming weekend I am going to Chicago and am going to drop in on Melody to see her work. I am so excited. It is always neat to get to see someone's work in person.
    Your cillium looks wonderful! You need to duplicate that fish that you took a picture of. Talk about beautiful colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already know how wonderful I think this piece is. I'm glad you had such a rewarding trip! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shug!
    So glad you had such an amazing time but sorry it wore you out.
    Still lovin' Cilium 1 and those washers hagning off the bottom.
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those dangley things at the bottom of Cilium. Glad you got to see QN in person - awesome show, huh? Hang in there, and here's a virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...