Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sacred Paths and Slippery Dreams

Dscn2254 Can I bear to cover this up by adding embellishments?  I don't think so.  On this one I learned the difference between using a palette knife and a brush.  Palette knife leaves a very smooth surface.  And the green colour are the dyed paper towels. 



Dscn2245 Remember to click any image to enlarge.  The background for the pages on the right is an idea for a quilt design but not with these colours.  This one is sorta my ceiling of the chapel moment.



Dscn2256 oooo, a dream sequence here...the medium is still wet but I'll prolly tone down the white in the lower left corner. 



And someone in the Artful Quilter's blog ring is feeding my book altering addiction :)  More about that tomorrow! 



14 comments:

  1. For that first page, how about just a little text? Some simple words, like a bit of Haiku, or the Phrase I came up with for a Christmas gift of artful things, "creativity feeds the soul"..."may your soul never go hungry".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having fun! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are coming along and looking great. I haven't even started mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karoda, I am about to start on my first AB and found your blog to be particularly helpful. You have inspired me to get started!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book is truly wonderful...I want to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pages are so exciting. Seems like they must be tremendously satisfying as well. (hope you opted for the drum...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you are doing!!
    Just dropping by to wish you and yours some very happy holidays!
    Take care,
    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. wishing you a very happy yuletide/xmas Karoda, with vitality and inspiration for all your creative endevours for 2007

    ReplyDelete
  9. big hugs, Karoda. I am LOVING those books. Such talent! Wishing you a happy, creative, and most of all a healthy year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love working with altered books, it's always a joy...and it's great to see you having such fun with them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a wonderful and very healthy 2007 ,and to see more of your wonderful art

    ReplyDelete
  12. K! You shame me while you inspire me!!!
    These pages are SO WONDERFUL!!! AMAZING!!!
    Now that our latest "home improvement" projects are over I can't wait to get back into making messes in the studio and playing with my muse like you've been doing.MWAH

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...