Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kinetic Energy continued

I wish I had taken a photo of my packed to the roof and from side to side with all the supplies of Valerie White and mine...of course heading from Louisville the kudos for packing it all in belong to our men but hey, we didn't do a too shabby of a job packing to return home. 


The fact that I shared this time with Valerie and Juanita, in its own unique and delightful way, was a socially creative phenomenon!  I mean what are the chances that we all would take the same workshop and all 3 of us, uniquely different in style, would come away feeling the workshop was incredibly worth every single moment!


This past week I've had what I would call one productive day in my workshop.  I adjusted the height of one of my folding table to waist level and will use it as a work bench.  I switched the position of this table and the cutting/ironing table and am looking for a cheap-to-free rectangle wood kitchen table to place the top of the cutting/ironing top onto...the folding legs that came with it are too wobbly.  And I'm leaning toward ordering this for my sewing machine.  On the same day I made the adjustments I took the dye stocks that where in the fridge during the 7 day power outage and tried them out...so far the one I tried showed no signs of diminished colour.  So I'm going to try to use them up dyeing painting shades of greens, yellows, and reds.  Instead of selecting a panel of each colour for creating complex cloth for the remaining quilts in the Poetry Series, I'm going to create multiples of 5 of each colour and then work on them and then select 1 of each colour to make up the panels in each quilt. 


The weekend has been spent resting so I hope to have at least 3 productive days this coming week.


Phoning for Obama/Biden


Friday morning Petra and I headed to one of our favorite spots for breakfast:


DSCN3637  I tried something new:


DSCN3638 


(I prepared my own version of this for brunch today...two fried eggs with sauteed seasoned steak and tomato-pepper relish on top, hash brown casserole and sourdough toast.)


DSCN3639


We called those on the registered Democratic list for the city of Indianapolis...there were a lot of disconnected phone lines and unanswered calls due to the time of day we imagined.  The few I spoke with of the 150 calls were mostly enthusiastic for Obama.  I spoke with one undecided who was leaning toward McCain but after he saw the debate he was questioning if it was the right thing to do with him being a teamster and all. I did my best to affirm him redirecting his vote :)  I came across a few crabs who firmly stated they where strong for McCain and not to call any more (to restate it pleasantly). And one woman yelled that it was none of my business (again restating it pleasantly) who she was voting forAlrighty then, moving right along....


DSCN3641 


Here I am with Kenya who works in the office:


DSCN3642


The next time I go back I'm taking my 16 year old son. 


 



3 comments:

  1. it's been great to see these new posts with picks of you fairly glowing to be doing things that you love. Am living in a place where many homes have "nobama" signs on their front yards. the urge to go out at night and kick them all down is very strong ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for manning the phones - I'll be doing the same thing next week. I'm not looking forward to the cranky people but hope to reach a few undecideds and convince them to vote for our team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good for you!! I have a list of people in my hood to visit. My son went to Reno (from CA) to canvas for Obama. He had a very positive experience.
    OOXX

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...