Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Slide show of Stanzas...

Seeing one's work hang and in place is just as much a part of the creative process as making the work.  Two thoughts, my small and medium sized pieces definitely could use better support when hanging.  Because of the size I thought having a bottom sleeve for a slat would be overkill; and I desperately need better lighting in the studio!


Red and Cilium are unevenly shaped pieced as intended...but the others, I'd like to see hang flatter.  Not sure if I could have pressed them better after being stored or what...


 



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wish I could be there in person to see your artwork hung. Beautiful Karen. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful show, like Grace I wish I could see it in person. Well done, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pieces are all very nice. I have a love affair with circles and those are my favorites. I love the lovely lady in the quilt. Who is she ? And you say you're not an artis? Don't sell yourself short, for you are and artist with a statement all your own. Congratulations on the showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is my great grandmother...the picture was taken in 1945.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Karen. Love seeing your work hanging like this.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...