Wednesday, November 7, 2012

GoodArt by GoodFolk

Okay, Good Folk Festival has come and gone...my friends have returned home...and my retreat from the daily grind has ended.  With that said, I'm doing it again next year!  This was the art fair for the 99% or definitely the 47% of us!  The art was fascinating! The artists were engaging!

Our booth was set up right in front of the main stage and other than a band that had a blood chilling screamer, it was all good.  Since I so seldom go out juke jointing anymore the exposure to so much live music was a rare treat.  But I was holding my breath to see and hear Tyrone Cotton who I had not seen in a very long time! One of my favorite all time birthday memories was Tyrone singing a happy birthday tune to me in his bluesy style from the stage of the now defunct Twice Told Bookstore and Coffeehouse.


I've dumped all my "stuff" back into the studio and today I'm going in to begin straightening up for a few hours.  The remainder of the week will be dedicated to rest and grandbabees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...