Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Juanita, a saviour!

Okay, would you believe there is not one retail establishment in this city where I can buy foil for ironing onto fabric!?! 



This is my testimony:  I was working late into the night, early morning on the 2nd in the Liberation Series...you all know about Series, right? and you all know about Liberation, right? Well let me hear ya, if you know what I'm talking about...said I was working late into the night, early morning before dawn begin to break, feeling that push and pull of making decisions about what I want, intend for this quilt to be...I'm stitching, I'm stamping with paint, I'm stamping with foil...stitching, painting, foiling...well it was the foiling that posed the problem...yes, foiling....ever run out of something at a time when its the least convenient?  I said, have you ever run out of a material that you needed when it was the least convenient???  Well let me hear ya, if you know what I'm talking about....I searched high and I searched low...the craft stores, the art supply stores, the fabric stores all turned their backs on my need for foil.  I couldn't move on to the next step until I got the foil...oh, sistahs, what to do, what to do?  I go online to the supplier I purchased from 2-3 years ago... www.lauramurraydesigns.com  There at the site, I hung my head low...no online ordering, only mail or fax...oh, what to do?  This will be 2 weeks at least before I could move on further with this quilt. 



But sometimes when you are at your lowest, a thought comes to you, a life line, an email to a friend...for a second I doubted because I've never seen foil in any of her work...but don't doubt, just act on the inspiration...email sent, email answered...yes, this friend has some foil sheets...but oh! could they be the colour I need?  No, don't doubt, just act...driving and praying, praying and driving...arrive to friend's house...her foil is laid out on the table and YES! YES! YES! a miracle has happened!!!!!!!!!!!!  Juanita, a saviour.



I finished the foiling as soon as I returned home and today will be on to the next step toward greatness!





2 comments:

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...