didn't happen as she expected them to...but a new week is starting and I've gotten antsy about the Weaving Poetics series. My plan was to have one of them completed by now but my printer, which I need has a busted printhead and it had to be ordered online. So the 2 days I made it to Studio 3 where not as productive as I wanted...so unless something happens tomorrow where I can hunt down a printer to run fabric through, I'll have to come up with something else. I could always make postcards but I think I'm over them. I could have made some yesterday while I was there, but didn't, even with knowing I have a gallery that wants to carry them. I was stuck trying to switch gears just to make the time productive while I was there. In my mind the Weaving Poetics was firmly designed and made and when the printer didn't cooperate, I became scattered. I can only pray that the printhead will arrive Monday and next week will run smoothly.
Yesterday a new artist arrived and will be in Studio 1. He is a young man who recently graduated from The Savannah Institute of Art and Design (or is it Design and Art?) and it taking some time to regroup before worrying about his next step. Also, a composer will be coming for a few days next week and will be in Studio 4. I hope his/her music will be as melodious as the other composer who was there in June.
Friday a week ago, my friend Cari joined me in the studio to work on her handmade holiday cards which she has always done for years but then it wasn't moving her after 2-3 hours and only 4 or 5 were finished, so she pulled out some mola that she had started years ago in a workshop. Cari and I first met where we worked together years ago. I first noticed her laughter that seemed deep and genuine (a rarity in that environment) and it was so refreshing that I was compelled to get to know her better. She has an ecletic and creative spirit.
Yesterday as I piddled around I managed to take what I think are quality photos of the "top secret" quilt and then I played with my circular attachment. This is the back of the sample which shows up better because the fabric on top was very busy. I must remember to use a stablizer if I'm going to use this in an actual quilt.