Saturday, August 23, 2008

Congratulations to Ron Davis

aka Bruh Dirt, my one and only brother!  He has been juried into the state's art council marketing program!!!!  Read about it here.  He was one of 7 artists accepted!


And preview some of his work and personal style and words here.   An excerpt:  Commercial fame is an elusive thing for black artists to achieve... so shouldn’t we at least create work that identifies our positions on life/love/society? In actuality, I’m really asking for a lot... this is no small task. Knowing yourself well enough to express who you truly are can be a daunting thing... to make art challenging again, either thru its message or its ambition.



3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats to Bruh Dirt. What a creative family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that!!!
    I love your brother's work! His choice of colors is incredible. Lots of zing!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not surprising! Both you and I know what talent this brother of yours has!
    Congrats, Ron!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...