Monday, September 8, 2008

Will it Go 'Round in Circles

Will it fly high like a bird up in the sky...I got a song ain't got no melody, gonna sing it to my friends...(be the first to guess who sings this song and receive a quilted postcard from me...leave answer in the comments).  This song has been stuck in my head since I started quilting (in circles) the new piece.  (I'm not showing these because I plan to enter them in places...so until I can build up enough quilts, just snippets or studies or prep work).  I'm using a matte thread choice that blends excellently into the background adding jut a hint of shading.  The panels have a lot of depth to them and I love looking at the entire surface.  So, this time, I didn't want the quilting line to stand out.


I started in my workshop at 2:00 and quilted until 5:30 when the circles where beginning to get to me and realizing that I only quilted about 1/6th of it (dense and overlapping circles) I started repeating "slow and steady wins the race" and took a break to do some hand stitching (i.e. piddling) with what I hope to be a postcard (commissioned at that) for a friend.


And I had a lovely, lovely, lovely mail day...when my camera and card find themselves in the same place, I'll show ya what came today.  Now, I'm kinda hungry...gonna go say my goodbyes to my parents and great-niece and head home.


Peace,


 



1 comment:

  1. Original: Billy Preston
    Current: Orlando Brown
    I love these lyrics. Cause I love circles.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...