Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hard lesson learned #7450

Just look at the wash out here! I used Jacquard's No-Flow and Dye-Na-Flow.

The instructions call for rinsing the No-Flow out after the paint as been set. I rinsed under cold running water and the paints air dried and were heat set first.  So what the hell is up?

I'm thinking of re-doing the No-Flow/Dye-Na-Flow over this...maybe I applied the No-Flow too heavy.  Maybe I'll give Jacquard a call on Monday.  I really really loved it...still do, but I am pissed over the amount of color loss.

And finally, I'm quilting the first Oliver Lewis piece.  I decided to start with the spires to warm me up.  I'll be back at it tomorrow. 



And another FINALLY....I received my last box of colored pencils giving me a grand total of 500 PENCILS!  (How you like me now Beverly?  That would be Ms Karoda to you!)




10 comments:

  1. my first though was why rinse at all unless you were planning to make a garment or some other washable. Then I thought about how unrinsed paint would affect the hand of the cloth and interfere with stitching, hand or machine.

    Have you ever used Peboe transparent paint? It's my go to material when painting cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, but I'm thinking I'd have to thin them considerably to get the loose effect I get with Dye-Na-Flow...I'll test them later today and let you know.

      Delete
  2. I like the 2nd washed out, it has a bit more contrast. however, I can't see the skin tone, which you may have needed darker. overall nice piece, as it seem like painting figure on cloth must be difficult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it to LAFTA Thursday before the wash out...as with new boyfriends, I bragged on him too soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations it's looking like it's done by a pro. Is that shimmer I see in the spires? I like the way you are not afraid to try and maybe even mess up. I think the pieces are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I hear a friend in my head who says "its only cloth"...her voice encourages me to keep on going.

      Delete
  4. I like you just fine. So are you going to use them or just covet them? Really, have you tried them yet?

    I agree with Leigh. Can you just add color here and there? I have some more fabric paint if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Bev, I haven't used them...still coveting...waiting for you my sister, waiting for you ;) and I LOVE FABRIC PAINT!

      Delete
  5. Don't like that it washed out but still like the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...