Thursday, May 23, 2013

Still Here

Today was my first day in the studio this week.  Since I couldn't recall from last week what my train of thought or intent I had for this dye session...I pulled out screens and printed. Me thinks today was my contribution to the slush pile.  I did learn that my thermofax screens need replacing.  Overall, I just could not gain control over the process today.

Fabrics from last week are in the washing machine as I type...hopefully when I dry and iron them, I'll recall what my intent for this round of fabric dyeing and hopefully will regain some sense of direction for tomorrow and Saturday.  I'll leave you with a poem by Langston Hughes...it speaks to how I'm feeling at this moment...

Still Here

been scared and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done
Tried to make me

Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--
But I don't care!
I'm still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...