Monday, December 19, 2005

Is it destined to become a still life masterpiece?????

Dscn1145 I decided to work with this one.  I pulled off the pieces I placed on the back of it (2nd post down). It will be a good opportunity to practice my fmq without worry.



Debra asked me how I liked contour cutting.  I had no problem with it, but I had decided beforehand that I wasn't going to cut individual pieces for lights and shadows, so I made it easy.  I had more difficulty using the pencil but I think doing the pencil contour first prepared me for doing it with the scissors...my biggest problem was slowing down my eyes to grasp the direction of a line.  If I kept this up daily I do see how it could become a meditative practice...the slowing of the eye was challenging but eventually calming.



10 comments:

  1. Ooh, delicious! I love this piece. It's not just calming, it's sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know this is gorgeous and dreamy, don't you??? I couldn't quite make out what it was at first, but quickly didn't care! The purple vase became in my twisted perception a shadowy purple tree and that was that.. I LOVE IT........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karoda, this is great. Where did you get that background fabric? Is that soft, light shadowy effect from prisma pencil?
    I wish I had participated in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karoda, you are a star...great pencil work. Makes all the difference doesn't it? Now are you going to try some pen and ink? Enquiring minds, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good piece Karoda. I love the twisty purple.I've been too busy for the contour cutting. But I will get to that as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the contours, Karoda. I woulda never thunk it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. - you have motivated me to take my pencils and apply them to fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I took a look at your wish list and I am glad to see that a couple of books by valarie wilson wesley made it on there. She is my good friends mother.
    You have a wonderful Christmas. You're work is sooooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color and shape. Such a dull comment on my part, but the color IS GREAT and so is the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...I too think it is lovely color and contour and such but ...and I am saying this in a whisper...I see male anatomy.....abit alien but still....I read through the comments hoping somebody else "saw" this too but I think I am the only one....hum ..Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...