Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hanging old and new art...

Yesterday Don, Uneena, and me rearranged the gallery walls.  Two days prior I pulled my art from it's storage (my closet here at home) to take to Brown-Foreman's Diversity Day (this company values creativity highly and it shows!).  So I took advantage of having the work out and breathing to hang it at the Kore along with the new paper quilts upon returning.


We're not finished as we will take it down on Monday to get good photographs. 

Below are the paper quilts coloured with dye.  There will be more of these in my future.  And I think they will be in a shadow box or framed.



Not sure how I feel about the shadow the shadow box casts on the quilt.  I protected these with a fixative, but now I'm thinking UV glass and/or UV protection spray needs to be applied.  And this will go back to being vertical, the original orientation.
 
 
Don wanted me to live with the vertical orientation of "Summer".  It hasn't grown on me.
The sunset is thread painted on canvas but not quilted and mounted on a 6"x12" stretched canvas. 
 
 
And this is Don's newest which I have fallen in love with.  All that deep aqua with the colour bursts exudes in me a feeling of hope and excitement.
 
 
 
 


 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I especially like those first two paper quilts. Definitely make more of those! I think the shadow of the shadow box would be fine if the artwork didn't go all the way to the edges. If it was mounted on a piece of foam core slightly smaller than it, and then that mounted on a larger piece of matt board so the whole thing just kind of floats inside the shadow box -- that would look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished another paper quilt yesterday and took it over to the gallery and I've been painting some handmade papers (no, I didn't make the paper, I mean really???) in order to build a stash ready and waiting. I have about 5 of these frames, something like 8"x9"...I'll try your suggestion with the next one. thanks.

      Delete
  2. I love your paper quilts and the way that this exhibit looks. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, we're always changing items around. Appreciate you dropping by the blog :)

      Delete
  3. Karoda, your art has bloomed! Your work is so beautiful and says so much from the heart. This is a great exhibit, congratulations. Junott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Junott! wonderful to hear from you...takes me back to the early days of blogging :) I popped over to your blogs...and I agree about the exercise bikes, lol. Good to see you are still quilting those lovely batik quilts too!

      Delete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...