Friday, March 25, 2005

General Stuff

FiberArts Network Forum  This is a community board for, well, FiberArtists.  Its new, so there is not much activity yet. I recognized the name of one other AQ member.  I've participated on boards of specific interests forever and usually enjoy them.  There is a section for beginning...(or should that read emerging/re-emerging ;) thanks Sonji for that) art quilters.  Also there is a sub category for mixed media artists.  Check it out it you want just one more internet thing to do :)



This weekend is Easter.  I never go to church on Easter due to the crowd that only attends on this day of which I would be one because I rarely attend church myself.  I actually prefer classes and study sessions over a church service...theres always much more opportunity for dialogue. But it doesn't matter for me this weekend anyways because my work place is moving into their creme' de la creme of shelters this weekend and I will be floating in and out...hopefully more out than in and some fellowship with my family and quiet time will be in order.



Next weekend is the Vagina Monologues and I've yet to commit to memory my six lines...I think I got it though...heck, I'm just sitting around with a group of other women talking about when we first got our periods. The hardest part is not the lines but remembering who I come after and the timing.  I'm looking foward to getting it over with. I'm not an actress nor have I desired to be.  Doing my own original work in performance is different from doing a script written by someone else.  Think of the qualitative difference between making a quilt from your own design and that of a purchased pattern.  Your original design you are more emotionally invested in.



I've recently been diagnosed with severe pulmonary hypertension and I need some time and space to think and handle what needs to happen for treatment.  I've always joked about my spirit age being 84...I've been 84 since I was 27...but I'm becoming comfortable with the idea that I don't have to kill myself being all things to all people and "phuckem" if they can't take a joke. (thats a phrase from a good friend meaning to dismiss folks who really do not have your best interest at heart).  My kids are running late for school...I gotta go "shake a stick" in their direction...hangeth in.



5 comments:

  1. Karoda, Wow you're busy girl. I've never seen the Vagina Monologues. I should put that on my "someday" list. Sorry to hear about your health challenges. I hope you continue to move forward and find ways to make all those areas of your life BALANCE. Thanks for you all comments on my blog, too. They are SO appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggles when I read what you are doing in the VM. Personally, I have a complete fix-stone on when I first got my period. The Sunday of The Beatles second (of three consecutive week) appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.
    (Ok, maybe that's too much information...)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, would like to see the Vagina Monologues. Also, I am totally diggin'
    the attitude toward those who do not
    believe in how super fantastic we are.
    Phuck the lot of them and go on about
    re-emerging, Karonda!!! I signed up for
    that new group that you were talking
    about, for fiber artists, but I haven't
    participated in anything yet. Perhaps
    I shall light a fire or make some dip
    with my silk worm inerds and take them
    over to that board. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    I am praying about your health, and that God will give you clarity about the steps to take for treatment. How are your lines coming along? Sounds pretty interesting --- women sitting around and discussing when they first got their periods. I could be a part of this discussion! I think I remember everything about it (April 12, 1981!)...girl, I thought I had cancer and I immediately started praying and asking God to heal me, cuz I just KNEW I was dying! It didn't hit me till after I'd prayed that maybe this was what my mother talked to me about. THIS was IT?! It was a crazy day. I was playing kickball outside only to come in and find that I was dying of cancer. My thoughts have always been a bit dramatic! Let me know how it all goes...
    Peace to you,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of ya...I had a minor heart condition diagnosed a few years ago. It really wakes you up to how much stress you might have in your life and the need to take care of yourself better. We do so much in life sometimes that we leave ourselves for last instead of putting ourselves first. Not in a selfish way, just one that helps to bring more peace physically and spiritually. I hope that you feel better and good luck with your lines!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...