Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I've Never Been Good at Remembering

birthdays..yesterday was my blog's first birthday!  Here is a link to my very first entry: Another Beginning. I had to scroll down towards the bottom of the page to re-read it. 



I finished sewing on the sleeve for this but I think it would be a great piece to mat. It measures 37"x33.75". Its the photographer that has it appearing wonky...I'm going to fire her if she doesn't get her act together. ;)



Urban Egression IIDscn1019



Dscn1021 close-up













Statement: I imagine living in a quaint house surrounded by trees and lush fields would provide me some deep measure of peace and tranquility, but it is the vibrancy, rhythms, and diversity of spirits which come and go, in and out, emerging in the various sectors of urban living, that I know and am accustomed to.  This piece is an interpretation of urban life.



Comments and suggestions are welcomed on the statement for this piece.



10 comments:

  1. The statement is beautiful. I love what you have said. The piece fits the vibrancy that you have written about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary Karen!
    Love the new quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt looks good. I really the colors, they are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still love the quilt and think your statement is great.
    I had never heard of the Lost Boys of the Sudan and read your post with interest. What a remarkable story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O wow, O wow, O wow! Struck dumb by the beauty and the colors and the urban traffic of this wonder-full piece. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This piece is great. The color and texture are so beyond compare. It looks just like a painting. I'm sure that it would look beautiful framed, maybe floating in a shadowbox. Or floating with a built up mat about two inches away from the edges so that you still have that wonky shape. I know you said "the photographer" did that, but I'm sure it isn't perfectly square is it? Maybe it is. Anyway, it's just FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knock my socks off gorgeous. Congrats on a beautful piece. Artist statement: you knew I would have something to say:
    "Living in a quaint house surrounded by trees and lush fields: a deep measure of peace a tranquility. That is not my millieu. The vibrancy, rhythms and diversity of spirits, which come and go, in and out,emerging in various sectors of urban living are my landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already know I think this is beautiful, and I can just FEEL it. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary! And Urban Eggression II is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, I have loved watching your progress with this quilt, just love this quilt, beautiful,
    happy blogversary, doesn't time fly when your having fun,

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...