Saturday, November 19, 2005

Louisville IZ the place to be!

Sometimes it takes me seeing Louisville through the perspectives of others to appreciate this place, but Louisville is the place to be today due to the gala affair to commemorate the opening of The Ali Center.  I imagine there are those who camped out last night and are there right now waiting for tonight's event just to get a glimpse of the rich, famous, and glamorous people in attendance. (My invitation was lost in the mail, I'm sure).  The automatic impression of the Center is to say it is a boxing museum, but its not...the main focus is on diversity, understanding, and peace. It was one of the 2 places I had my eye on for future employment before I admitted that I could no longer keep up the pace of working and be an asset to any organization.  I still haven't ruled it out pending at some point in the future I can at least work part-time.



Tomorrow will the the community wide festivities for the public (aka po' folks) of which Nappy Roots will perform and my nephew's 9 yo step-son will be signing for one of the choirs.  My desire is to go and enjoy, but the week has been very rough physically and I might just be deluding myself about making it, but I'm going to give it my best shot!  If you want to read more about the Hollywood who's who that will be in attendance, here ya go.



***Thanks Jen for letting me know the Ali link went someplace else...here is the corrent link to The Ali Center.  The link above that says The Ali Center actually goes to an artist's blog of her experiments called What If...



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your nephew, and I hope you get to go and see him.
    BTW, its not the Ali Center, but I liked the link you gave us. Looks like some interesting work going on. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you WERE one of those famous, glamorous people! Ah, well -- one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful place. I hope you are feeling well enough to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool about your nephew! It seems like a really nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me you are one of the famous, or soon to be. And from now on, I shall only call you Karoda because your soul is that part of you that shouts out to me.
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...