Saturday, November 12, 2005

Meme quota being met with this entry

1.Three screen names that you've had:
SistahRoot, Jazz and Gumbo and many versions of Karoda

2. Three things you like about yourself:
I'm calm under pressure. I'm a good listener. I love to have my intellect stretched.



3.Three things you don't like about yourself:
Poor memory (cancels out the 2nd and 3rd on the list above), poor organization, physically limited.

4.Three parts of your heritage: African, Native American, German (would love to have my DNA analized)



5. Three things that scare you: absolute poverty (worked in human services and the situations and lives I've witnessed have frightened me), people who are totally immersed and driven by their own insecure egos, and vampires (can't watch a vampire movie without nightmares for days, weeks on end)



6. Three of your everyday essentials: Blogging, watching something on HGTV, brushing my teeth

7. Three things you are wearing right now: slippers, night gown, underwear



8. Three of your favorite songs: Positivity by Stevie Wonder, Rose is Still A Rose by Aretha Franklin, Family Reunion by Jill Scott.

9. Three things you want in a relationship: devotion, financial vision, fun.

10. Two truths and a lie: I've been to Martha' s Vineyar, I've been to Edisto Island, I've been to Cuba.



11. Three things you can't live without: faith, oxygen, and hugs.

12. Three place you want to go on vacation: Ghana, Brazil, Nova Scotia.

13. Three things you just can't do: Hiking, Camping, Sex in a backseat of a car.



14. Three kids names: RaShad, Moriah, Adebowale.

15. Three things you want to do before you die: write more poetry, make more quilts, and continue genealogy research



16. Three celeb crushes: Teddy Pendergrass, Wesley Snipes, Telly Savalas.



17. Three of your favorite musicians: Regina Carter-violinist, Ramsey Lewis-pianist, Grover Washington Jr-saxophonist

18. Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you: voice, intellect, shoulders and thighs.

19. Three of your favorite hobbies: cooking, reading, geneaology.

20. Three things you really want to do badly right now: quilt related shopping spree, get through this weekend, take a vacation.

21. Three careers you're considering/you've considered: college professor, librarian, cab driver.

22. Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy: I hate to go shopping, I prefer to do the driving, excessive cuddling annoys me.

23. Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl: I love dressing up and putting on makeup, I love to dance, I want a man to change a flat tire and get my oil changed.



8 comments:

  1. oh yeah! that was fun to read...love learning more about folks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Telly Savalas, Karen? I just can't see it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your list!
    Sex in the back seat of a car...wow...hadn't thought about that in a while. I bet I couldn't do that any more either. (Must admit, I had the same reaction as Mary did to Telly Savalas..hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun! Yes, Telly has that certain 'way' about him. Can't see it for myself, but I can sorta see what your saying. Think I might do this on my blog, too and tag some folks.
    Peace,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT!!!!!!?!!! Telly is cool, hip, yet sophisticated and that voice! Close your eyes and let that voice just wrap around you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know that we share the same heritage, but in different proportions? Loved your tri meme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yeah, sex in the back of the car. I wouldn't WANT to do it now, even if I still could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Telly used to be the man back in the day. Ramsey Lewis' "Sun Goddess" is the bomb, and excessive cuddling drives me crazy too!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...