Saturday, March 4, 2006

Its all process

How or when this image came to me is a story for inner circle friends that I'll leave off this public space but the working title is called Passion.  I sketched it immediately because I tend to forgo-to-forget things.



Passion1 I haven't attempted it yet as it is a large piece in my mind. In Photoshop I turned it to grayscale and applied anothePassion_1r effect that I don't remember. Passion1_1 Tomorrow or Monday I'm going to take the grayscale to Kinko's and blow it up as large as they can get it.  My ambitious self says to make 2, one with the black background and one with the gray background.  My base self says take it one step at a time.



Also, in the name of process, the piece below of the flower petal was going to be my March Journal quilt but the size is 10"x12".Img_0375 It started with the front of the greeting card on the left in the picture. I scanned it, enlarged it, cropped it, and gray scaled it. Then taped it to the window and traced it trying to capture the light and dark.  I numbered the pattern pieces 1-7 with 1 being the lightess nad 7 the darkest.  Dscn0268_1 My goal was to use the thread lines to create darker contrast for a shadow effect so the backing fabric wasn't attached until I was finished with the thread lines.  The backing was painted and in that picture you can see my daugther's new obsession, Bunkin, the Shubunkin Gold Fish.  Late summer of last year it was the Sunflower obsession...I have a gazillion photos of the life of the Sunflower.  Front, close-up, and back below:Img_0378



Img_0380



Img_0381



10 comments:

  1. 1. The photo of your quilt on Rayna's site was great! It really glowed.
    2. The way you have transformed this tulip is both cheerful and fascinating. Without the picture, I would not have known "tulip" - but you have achieved essential "tulip." The stitching adds so much depth and movement.
    3. "Passion" looks as if it will be a marvelous piece! Although I'm trying to control my avid curiousity about its origins...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look, bith in your blog and the designs.
    Also saw your Cilium piec on Rayna's blog. That picture is the best I've seen of it, your piece is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so excited for you "passion" and can't wait to see it come to life. I love when the an artful quilter posts the genesis of a new work. The tulip is lovely, by the way. And you quilt on Rayna's site - wow! I never really got it, before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karoda,
    Cilium 2 looks fantabulous in person...I'm so glad I got to see it. I really like what you are working on now...you are really smokin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it that when I come to your site my reaction is most often, "Ooh!" Oh, yes, it's because you love color so much and have such a good sense of design. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Passion and can see it large! I'm a sucker for vibrant colors against black--such drama! So of course I'm hoping to see Passion in bold black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this new drawing looking forward to seeing where you take it. The flower petal is wonderful also - I love the shapes you've used in both of these pieces - very calming.
    The blog is looking good too!
    In your blogroll you have my blog address as favcat.blogspot.com - if you could update it to blog.lisacall.com that would be wonderful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see "Passion"'s progress. I think this is going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...