Sunday, May 31, 2009

Un-plugged

I remember being stunned when I read an article discussing the demise of cursive writing...something like 20% or less of students who took the SAT in 2008 wrote the essay part in cursive writing.  The proliferation of keyboarding to communicate and in education is the reason.  The impact of this in my own life has been made clear.  My beloved upgraded the OS system and there are kinks which prevent me from up-loading photos from my hard drive to websites.  I've had at least 3 posts that I wanted to document here and alas...the moments have passed and in retrospect I'm not feeling as enthused to attempt to recapture them.  I could have opened up the gazillion hard copy journals and written in one them along with photos printed directly from my camera...my excuses: I couldn't find a good pen, I no longer have a designated space for sitting down to hand write, the lap top occupies the space now, and what of the tap tap tap of the keyboard strokes in a syncopated rhythm which hand writing can't capture, the continuity of my blog will be broken, and in short, I just wasn't feeling it.  I'll be un-plugged this coming week celebrating family-ness and waiting for my beloved to get this all worked out.  Short out-bursts of thoughts will be facebooked this week.


Peace, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...