Sunday, April 1, 2012

Expectations and Gratitude

Not much went as expected this weekend...University of Louisville lost to University of Kentucky.  I didn't make it to Trolley Hop or to the studio yesterday and today.  


The upside of what wasn't expected was meeting my great-nephew, the newest edition to our family, yesterday and my sisters and great-niece converging at my mother's for the basketball game.  None of who live in Louisville.  


Today I've been lazy, napping and snacking, reading and computering most of the day.  As part of finding gratitude everyday through the lense of my camera and using aperture setting, this is today's offerings:


DSC_0351dandelion from Carter


DSC_0354
Sucession: September & October 2003, Juanita Yeager that hangs above the couch.


Its obvious I have a lot to learn about aperture...but I have a whole month.


 


 



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of docmenting the things you are greateful for. It's the little things that make us happy;they usually come when we least expect them I love Carter's gift of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Linda, if you're referring to the bottom photo it is a quilt made by Juanita Yeager.

      Delete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...