Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The beginning of a love affair

This tramp (wipe up cloth) dressed up very well...so well, that I swooned as I pulled it from the dryer and my heart did a little pitter patter while I pressed it ever so lovingly...

Do you see this as a background piece or a finished piece?  I see as finished.  There is not one thing on this I want to cover up!  It could be printed on paper, on a sheer or raw silk, quilted or not...maybe some small beads...but this is just lovely.  It has the ethereal look that I can't get with intent (and I keep trying).

Okay, I've got to go, my granddaughter is bringing me cookie cutters which means she has gotten into something and Papa is asleep.

cya

6 comments:

  1. Yep..exquisite. Table moppers are the stars of the show almost every time. Sweet serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it as the finished product as well! Really nice! I agree with Deb---I always wash and iron my mop up rags although to date, I haven't ended up with anything as nice as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a few inspirational words or a poem. That's not to say the cloth speaks for itself and is WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean that doesn't say the cloth doesn't speak for itself, because it does. Sorry for commenting twice. I should have read what I wrote more carefully.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...