Sunday, January 15, 2006

Artist Grants for Development

I wanted to help spread attention to Cheryl's entry on writing artist statements for grant proposals.  One of the things that surprised me with the art quilters community was lack of application and discussion on application for project support and artistic development from arts organizations.  I have always viewed them as life savers and serious support for development and I know they have given me the space and time to develop projects that would not have been completed otherwise.  I have received 4 of them...1 from the state arts agency and 3 from a feminist organization...the end result was a manuscript of poems based on family mythology/geneaology.  I'm trying to get back in the loop and I appreciated Cheryl sharing her statement.



Grants are also great for taking your art into a wider exposure via community...most non-profit community service organizations welcome artists to enhance their programming. 



Here is Cheryl's link: http://violetpatch.blogspot.com/2006/01/artist-statement.html#comments



I'll be throwing out good vibes (maybe some chicken bones or tea leaves) in your favor Cheryl. 





1 comment:

  1. I agree. I recently attended a grantseeking basics for creative individuals at the Foundation Center here in DC. I thought it was very helpful. Much of the info is on their website at foundationcenter.org

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...