Monday, January 9, 2006

Lines, from Color and Composition.

Dscn1190 Dscn1191 The first 3 are 8.5x11 and I ran out of white fabric on the last one.  Juanita had me do these exercises in a workshop 2 years ago. I couldn't tell then but I know now that horizontal is my favorite orientation to work in followed my mixed horizontal and vertical, followed by asymetrical, framed border, grid, symetrical.  Circulating and radiating I like the least in my own work. The last one I named My Little House and Boat Down By The River. I'm going to run out and pick up some more white fabric and I hope to get to the exercise on shape this evening after dinner or tomorrow afternoon.



I'll get to my meme later too.



11 comments:

  1. I really like the second and fourth ones a lot! And that first one looks like it should mean something - like code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with DebR on the first one looking like code. It also reminded me of documents censored by the government. Makes me wonder what's under it all... Makes me think about my relationship with text. It's actually my favorite. I'd also like to come over and have a glass of wine at your little house--it looks like a nice, happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be contrary or anything, but I like #3. I like the curvy lines that remind me of flame. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are are interesting, but I especially like your "little house".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one and especially the curvy one. It stands on it's own very well. The second one looks like pick-up sticks. I would like to see the first one done in colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the fourth, with it's hint of a face. What an interesting excersize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karoda,
    I like the fourth one best, too, and would love to see it larger and in color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the look of those exercises - must get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed seeing your progress on the Color & Composition exercises. I've been doing the exercises with some friends. I really enjoyed the 'lines' exercise. Here are my examples.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE #4 (little house and boat) It has an Asian feel to me, reminded me of those incredible letters/words done with the brush and ink. It flows beautifully. #3 also has that quality.. guess that's why they appeal to me the most. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! A series! Nice exercise, Karoda - I like the first two the best, but they are all interesting. I especially like the idea of black & white.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...