Monday, January 23, 2006

YOU MAY TALK ABOUT ME ALL YOU WANT!

BUT I STILL REIGN QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maniacal laughter in YOUR face!)



I would think that after all this time of proving myself worthy to reign on this throne that the peasants would become complacent and resign themselves to my destiny....buttttt ohhhhh no, they grow even more rebellious with each rotation of the sun. Those too cowardly (my partner and my children) to attempt a match with me can be heard from their sooted corners cheering for whatever jester attempts to sit before me!



Now I will concede that my reign has been a difficult one for them to live under but all the poking and proding I've given them toward improving their lot in life has been miscontrued as braggadocios.  I admit I am not a humble Queen, for the joys of wearing the royal robe and just the site of my welcoming throne sends rushing waves from my toes to the top of my crown.  But I tire sometimes of the lonliness of it all and dream of a worthy opponent to rise from the ashes.  Alas, it has yet to happen, although one comes close, he still has a long road ahead and has spurned my offer at tutelage. Ah, the suffering of the lowly does break my heart so.  And to think he got whupped on his birthday, so sad he must be.



WIP (whupping in progress) followed by WC (whupping completed):Dscn1218 



Dscn1221



Upfromsumdirt, my brother, and I had another marathon day at Scrabble this past Saturday.  We have scheduled for another such ass whupping marathon day this coming Thursday. 



Here he is at my computer.  He eschews the chair, any chair, for a preference for this position while he surfs.  This doesn't appear remotely comfortable to me but reminds me of a classical pianist from Ghana I saw in concert decades ago who sat on a Ashanti stool at the piano...a very low Ashanti stool that aligned the area between his chest and chin with the keyboard.



Dscn1207 Dscn1209                               Upfromsumdirt is such a prolific poet and here he is in deep thought summoning his muse and out came the line "will you get that damn camera out of my face".  Such energy and drive in that line alone, don'cha think?





16 comments:

  1. Hail to the queen! Karoda, you would love the online scrabble game Literati. I am an addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday we must have a Scrabble tournament! I must see for myself how Great Thou Art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring it on babeeeeee!!!!!!!!! (turning to my court of judges to ask 'was that threatening enough?') okay, yeah! bring it! and you didn't hear me stutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooo funny! The "Birthday Whipping" on the scorecard is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queen Karoda rocks big time. Who would dare to challenge such expertise, not I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Scrabble but it's been so long since I've had anyone to play with that I've probably forgotten how!!
    Hail to Queen Karoda!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. disgusted lil brotha...January 23, 2006 at 11:17 AM

    ..."queen" my ass...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Ron, what about all the times you win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KARODA, Trevor said bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the times he wins?! but he still TRAILS ME! Are the peasants blind as well?
    Tell Trevor he can't make up rules as he goes along...signs of a true rogue for sure. I use the OFFICIAL Scrabble rules! But this here Queen can step down from the throne if it makes the rascals feel noble for a brief spell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a hoot! You must have had a wonderful day!! and the "'queen' my ass" comment was a crack up as well -- disgruntled, wasn't he?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love scrabble!
    Isn't it fun with brothers, this post bring a new meaning to sibling rivalry...healthy, fun and loving for sure...
    I can't wait until you write about the rematch...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lil brotha/hero of the people...January 27, 2006 at 3:59 AM

    "queen"???
    i spose even riffraff has her day, hunh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. dir-ty, boombahyay!!!!January 28, 2006 at 4:38 AM

    ...standin here
    in the aftermath,
    all i can say is this:
    KAREN TRIED,
    she really did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey, hey! get your on damn blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know what they say Karoda - it ain't braggin' if it's the truth!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...