Tuesday, November 23, 2004

More Fiber Postcards

Midnight_bloom I almost scrapped this postcard. First due to the fragility of working with the dried flowers. The flowers tear very easily.  The blue flower in the center is an altered digital photo of the Morning Glory I photographed at The Mary Anderson Center during the Mag8 Art Retreat.  There is a layer of green tulle on top of the post card which helps to protect the dried flowers.  My second frustration was putting on the binding and backing. My first attempt was with the pillow case method which was a disaster and broke up the dried flower. I cut that binding off and the one seen is a pre-cut bias strip.  I'm going to let it be a done deal since it took me 3 hours to complete.



Here is the second card which I really like...Icarus the human figure is a rendition of Matisse's figure of Icarus.  I guess my image is before he decided to see how close he could fly toward the sun with wax wings.



I'm sewing the fabric directly onto the timtex at the fabric seams and no longer add the batting.  The cards appear thinner and stiffer.



I would like to have 30 postcards for sale at the conference next week. Not sure if that will happen. The cards I'm making now, are to complete the postcard exchange with the Postmark'd Art group.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...