Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Sometimes, I need to keep my mouth shut

Yesterday I finally received the last of the fabric from Coordinators at work to begin on Darlene's quilts.  They have had 3 weeks to get fabric...most of it I received last week leaving me 2 weeks to make this wallhanging.  I've been up since 4am looking at free patterns online to get some ideas.  With just 2 weeks to go I do not want to attempt to make an original pattern and the fabrics are very scrappy...(lesson learned: next group project, give more directives and I don't create well with everybody).  A lot of large scale novelty prints which are my least favorite to work with. A lot of black and red (how will that work for Darlene in UofK territory!?). Take a look at the working stashDscn0216 below:



The few pattern books I have are geared toward art quilting and I just don't think these fabrics would work. I thought about a Chinese Coin pattern (quick and scrappy) but settled on a pattern called Row Houses from Quilts, Quilts, and More Quilts by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes.  There will be eleven houses to represent each Coordinator and Director. One house will represent a shelter and the others will be homes in Kentucky.  Possible titles Shelter from the Storms or to borrow a slogan from the state domestic violence agency, Let There Be Peace in Kentucky Homes.



Of course, I get so damn excited about quilts and quilting that I just dive right in without thinking about anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...