Monday, February 21, 2005

chop wood carry water sing the blues

Every single morning Mo and Ade manage to leave every light on in the house and the closet doors standing open.  My fussing and complaining all these years only serves as an outlet because it sure hasn't impacted their behavior to change. But its one of those things that makes me sound just like my mother. 



This morning I feel the full weight of it being Monday.  Five days ahead of waking up each morning wonderingf if I should call in sick.  The birds are chirping and my sewing machine is set up on the kitchen table, the place is quiet, and I organized my humble stash and related "stuff" yesterday and its tempting to stay home.  But one day never satisfies me but makes it more aggravating to return the day afterwards.  So I will go ahead and chop wood carry water and sing the blues.



I made this postcard last night as a thank you for a co-worker who gave me a piece of fabric from Australia from her vacation.  Scan006_february_20_2005 The picture was drawn by my sistahfriend, Dee. I scanned it onto muslin and hand stitched for some texture and a little pop as the scanned image alone was lifeless. The only thing I added since is thick fuzzy thread in jewel tones couched around the edge.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful postcard! Very spring like. I'm sure she'll love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karoda, you make me wanna paint some more because you turn my mediocre "art" into something incredible.. I LOVE what you've done with it!!!! :-D It's almost alive and definitely makes spring seem closer.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...