Wednesday, February 2, 2005

TAGGED

Gabrielle at Handmaiden described me as hip so how could I not do this???? (Mud Man stop laughing!)





1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
I have little less than 3000 and that is after I cleaned them up and deleted 2000.
2. Last CD you bought was: Lizz Wright’s freshman cd SALT. I love every single cut on it!!!!
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
Amazing Grace sung by jazz vocalist/pianist Cassandra Wilson until Mo, my 15yo daughter jumped in the car and hit the radio button which changed the entire vibe I had going…sorry, but I can’t wait to feel your butt is not my idea of romantic lyrics…this lead to a discussion on sex, biology, emotional maturity, self-respect, and democracy all in the 5 minute ride to Kroger’s.
4.Write down 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you?
1. You Bring Me Joy by Anita Baker 2. Something Inside So Strong by Labi Safir 3. I’m A Woman by Koko Taylor (my adopted blues Mama
J
) 4. Endangered Species by Dianne Reeves 5. You Gotta Be by Des’ree
5. What three people are you going to pass this baton to and why?



http://junott.blogdrive.com/  because she goes by one name on her blog, she looks kind, and i like the message thingy in her sidebar.



Cheryl at http://www.livejournal.com/users/cherylsterling/  because I always look forward to seeing her work. 



And Cheryl at http://violetpatch.blogspot.com/  for oh so many reasons...she was in Melody's workshop and drove from WV to attend, she is a librarian with a poet for a husband, and she recommended a poet to me that I'm going to the library to hopefully check out.



1 comment:

  1. Karoda,
    Do you know that you are the only person in blogosphere who reads my blog? Thank you! I look at your Seamless Skin every day or so. And BTW, I DID put four pieces in the local quilt show. I am a little nervous about unveiling this very, very new part of me.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...