Sunday, October 30, 2005

Burn It Up Sunday

Mid week I made this chicken-spinach stir fry but instead of putting it over rice I put it over spahetti.  Dscn0953 The recipe was from our local newspaper that features quick meals.



2 boneless skinless chick breast halves, about 1 pound; 3 tablespoons soy sauce; 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger; 3 large garlic cloves, minced; half-teaspoon each of salt, black pepper; 10-12 ounce bag ready-to-use spinach; 4 teaspoons of vegetable oil.



Cut chicken into very thin strips-as thin as spaghetti; In a small bowl mix chicken, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat wide cast-iron skillet or wok over high heat. Add oil and heat until it shimmers. Add chicken and stir for 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir a minute more. Serve over rice. Serves 4.



Now what I actually...I doubled the recipe and used thin chicken breast tenders and sliced them thin enough to suit me (not as thin as spaghetti). I used the bottled minced ginger and garlic found in the produce section and baby spinach. My oil was olive oil.  Because I didn't have enough rice I used spaghetti and it reminded me of an adapted Thai recipe that I use to fix with a stir-fry cabbage, only hot sauce is added with the soy in that recipe.  I had garlic bread on the side and a glass of wine. Of the 4 people who live here...2.5 found it a repeatable recipe.



5 comments:

  1. Wait a minute...2.5???? Who is the person who's accounting for half a person?? This sounds really good, Karoda. I'm all about spinach and ginger. I've not done a stir fry in a long time, and the idea of having it over noodles sort of appeals to me more. I'll have to come back and print this one out to try it.
    Thanks for this one...
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, calm down...I fractionalized the vote not the person...and I thought about that when I typed it, (ya know the 3/5s thing)...I guess I should have listened to my gut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like 1.5 of them missed out. Yummy, I'm copying this one. On second thought, what kind of number is 2.5 out of 4 people???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like 1.5 of them missed out. Yummy, I'm copying this one. On second thought, what kind of number is 2.5 out of 4 people???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't say I'm on friendly terms with stats, but being forced to do so much of it lately gives me an appreciation for your 2.5 ;p The recipe sounds great! Needed something new, so this is gonna be in this weeks mix :)
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...