Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sipping a cup of Mojo Confidence

Okay, I admit I had a bit of anxiety yesterday while working on a piece and thinking about the appointment I had on Tuesday (read preceding post).  A friend asked in an email if she was hearing some doubt in last post...well, ummm, yeah, slightly, just a little, maybe!??



Today I had a cup of mojo confidence and while I was sewing today it occurred to me once again, just how much I love couching and layering...I get such a rush from it...so then I heard Gerrie's and Cheryl's comments to the previous post echo in my head, "do what you love" and it crystalized for me...or BAM! as Emeril would say!  The piece I'm working on is currently about 14 inches, lopsided, square (I know there is another name, a geometric name for a lopsided square; what is it?). Here is the prototype for it-Egress_2 



a postcard series that addresses egression, the act of coming and going, emerging in and out.  More of them can be seen on the Art Going Postal blog (link at the top in sidebar).





I can see this in 4, 5, even 6 feet in width and yesterday I saw Simply Quilts with Joan Colvin and how she actually pins the fabric in place against the batting and I think this method would work very well to go larger.  I think this calls for a day trip to use the studio space at the Mary Anderson Center for the Arts. 



6 comments:

  1. Well, a closed plane figure bounded by three or more line segments is a polygon...but maybe you mean a quadrilateral? any 4 sides closed plane figure... which includes both squares and rectangles, but does not limit itself to those figures with only 90 degree angles.
    Anyway.. I LOVE this piece... and want to see in veddy veddy large!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY POSTCARDS ARE SPAWNING A MEGA-QUILT!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you, woman.
    And I DO SO wish I could join you at MACA for that quilting day, but I now know how blessed it is to spend a day there alone with the quiet of nature as your only companion. I shall just sit here quietly and think of your precious time there.
    (Note to self - Go pick the PC's up at Post Office!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so exciting - watching the creativity flow. Can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors here are sooo beautiful. Make this big enough to wrap yourself in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. It reminds me of a faceted stained glass window. I saw one in Notre Dame and this made me smile as I thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - LOVE that piece and it would look FABULOUS larger.
    I LOVE bright colors!!!
    So, this speaks to me...

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...