Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Beaded Prayers Project

A few years ago I wanted to work on bringing this project to my former workplace but alas it wasn't something that I could get buy in on from the administration.  I was really disappointed.  It was seeing the display of Sonji's bundles that triggered me remembering about The Beaded Prayers Project.  I think the project is still available for touring but the creator, Sonya Clark, no longer facilitates workshops.  To see 2 samples of her work click here.



5 comments:

  1. What a great project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing project. I love that it includes people of all ages to participate. Kids seem to always be left out of such things.
    Sonji rocks! And I'd love to 'sit at her feet' and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Pam for that comment that I rock. I need that constantly.
    I think this is a totally cool project, K. Tell us what YOUR project idea was for work. Is it something that we could help you with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonji, I use to work at sexual assault/domestic violence agency that served 14 counties. I'm no longer there and am not sure what I'm up to doing now but if I get to a point where I'm active again in the community, I might try it. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this when you posted it. These Beaded Prayers are such a great idea, I'm now trying to decide how to include one in my Journal Quilt. Thanks for stretching my creative urges.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...