Saturday, February 18, 2006

If I Never Get Another Thing Accomplished...

it will be because of this woman who offered me my first hit  of the yahoo game Literati.  Now I'm stone-faced and bug-eyed because I can't get enough of it.  It started out rather innocently to check it out on a break one afternoon from sewing (just after I vowed to return to a schedule).  Over the course of a few days, my occasional breaks became more and more frequent.  I had all intentions of responding to this woman's request on children's books...but then I found myself thinking it would take too much time away from playing Literati.  My sewing schedule being thrown off is not the only thing thats been effected...get this..."you want me to check your homework now? I'm in the middle of a game" "what d'ya mean theres no food in the fridge? I'm sure you can find some buillion cubes in the back of the cabinet?"  "not tonight, i have a game of Literati going"  Its really baaad...I get online in the early mornings to play and hours later I'm sucking my teeth in anger and frustration at a loosing streak and I realize I didn't brush my teeth.  I've alienated my family, my creativity, and now my personal hygiene is going down.  I need help! and just as soon as I finish this next game I'm going to get it. 



7 comments:

  1. Is there a 10-step program? Nahhh, you don't want one! My husband downloaded a Scrabble game, and now all I do is listen to him curse someone called Maven...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what this is and I'm not even going to look...which is my blinders way of avoiding addiction ....I hope you find a way to get out of the grasp.....ohhh maybe a quilt on the subject???Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been kind of wanting to check out Literati ever since Mary mentioned it, but I'm kind of freaked out at the idea of playing games with people I don't know and there's no option to just play against a 'puter opponent (at least I don't think there is), so I haven't done it. It sounds like maybe it's just as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know now that it is a good thing I never checked this out. Do you want me to come to your house and hold an intervention?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a Literati junkie a couple years ago. Scary. Scrabble with Maven has been a much better "drug of choice" - it's easier to just say NO. It seems you may have the beginnings of a good support group, should we plan an intervention?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you'd get hooked...we might both have to start smoking crack to break the Literati habit....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Break the computer. Drastic but it will work. You may have to go cold turkey but think how good you'll feel when you are out of the clutches of your addiction! Grin!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...