Sunday, February 5, 2006

Outline Drawing of Willie Cole

Yesterday I was watching an interview with sculptor Willie Cole and was struck by how sculptural his own facial features where and drew this outline sketch. It doesn't really capture depth at all but I loved the outline I did and think I'll turn it into a journal quilt or at least practice thread drawing from it.  Here is a link to the tv show and I also found some great links to his works online but I'll leave that for you to do if you want to know more.



Here is my outline: Willie_cole



2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity in your lines and can't wait to see a finished piece. Your drawing reminds me of an artist I remember from school, I think it's Miro, but don't quote me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: your email. It does remind me of Miro, but now that I've Googled him and seen that most of his work was abstract, (so who knows how he'd sketch a face) it dawns on me whose work your drawing REALLY reminds me of -- John Lennon. Yup. How cool is that?!?

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...