Thursday, December 9, 2004

7 Blocks, 5 Blocks More

I knocked out 7 blocks on the wallhanging for Darlene and 5 left to go.  I stayed home today due to waking with an awful headache and I had an appointment scheduled with a new physician to replace the one that left her practice in August, but it had to be re-scheduled due to the doctor being on jury duty.  After my 2nd cup of coffee my headache diminished and I took full advantage of the cancellation and being home to make a dent in this piece.  I'll get pics up later on.  The wall hanging is a scrappy look of row houses.  Putting all the fabrics together that 11 other people selected has been a challenge but all the elements of working with color, scale, hue, and value have come into play.  Using color to balance the busyness of the fabrics has been central in picking other fabrics to complete each block.  Overall, I'm learning a great deal from the hands on work.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...