Sunday, December 19, 2004

Om Mani Padme Hum

Dscn0295_1Dee sent this ring to the M8 crew:



The writing is Tibetan (I think, and not Sanskrit).  Dee, if you know for sure...leave a comment here.  It reads Om Mani Padme Hum  (ohm mah nee pahd mah hum). Make sure you pronounce it correctly to avoid wishing upon a vibe that you will prosper in elephant dung.  But I guess spiritually speaking prosperity in elephant dung would be okay. One just never knows, do one?!



The chant cannot be translated neatl y into English.  But the power in it is such that just reading it, seeing it, will invoke the attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion.  Becoming one with the chant brings Enlightenment from drawing upon the compassion that lies within us.



Well, my thought was to create the writing on a quilt...preferrably a bed quilt that I could sleep under and while sleeping dreams of Enlightenment can be visited upon me and in turn change how I awake in the morning.  Instead of with doom and gloom of having to get ready for work and yet another day that I'm not counted among the mega lottery winners.  *~*~sigh~*~*





It turned bitter cold last night and the hawk is flying low today.  Cold weather is not my forte...and the older I get the harder it is on my body.  I don't think I do a good job of conveying how miserable I am physically to my doctors and the cold weather intensifies the pain in my joints, muscles, and lungs. Here we are facing the purchase of our first home...it really needs to be a retirement condo in Florida.  Look what we woke up to this morning. And it never rose above the mid 30s.  Dscn0296



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...