Saturday, December 18, 2004

TA DA!

Dscn0286_1 The wallhanging is finished!!!  It was presented this morning at the monthly get together, and she loved it! Last night, I had a moment around the possibility that she didn't even like quilts...but she does...not quilts in general but quilts that have meaning to her personally.



I call it A Community of Strength.  If you can relate to this quote, you can relate well to Darlene---it is on the label on the back.



“She danced. She sang. She took. She gave. She served. She loved. She created. She dissented. She enlivened. She saw. She grew. She sweated. She changed. She learned. She laughed. She shed her skin, She bled on the pages of her days, She walked through walls, She lived with intention.”







The unveiling-  Dscn0283



Pam, told me she promoted my postcards at a local upscale gallery...the woman was very interested and Pam provided the woman with the site address for Postmark'd Art.  I'm thinking I should follow up with her next week in person.  Pam has been exceptional in her enthusiasm and support for the postcards.  She is why I taught the workshop at the conference and had a vending booth...I plan to make her a card and one for Dale who bought me a piece of fabric back from Australia.  Lets see, I have about 20 cards to make for friends and family in the next 2 weeks...groovy! We all know how well I love deadlines.



Pam, not the Pam above, but Memphis Pam, and Kel are interested in a M8 website.  I've emailed David Walker (see his link under Quilt Artist) to inquire with him his fees, etc.  I love the pages he has created.  Beautiful color, but easy on the eyes and great navigation on his sites.  Even though none of us are selling our work at mega bucks (yet), I think if we get a presence on the internet, it should present our work in equal fashion of the heart and soul and integrity and sacrifice we go through to create it.  So a well designed, well presented representation of our work online, as a collective is central. 
     



1 comment:

  1. Hello Karoda,
    thanks for your comments on my blog.
    Please email me. I would love to encourage you to take my January workshop. Fellow bloggers must meet.
    Melody@mcihispeed.net

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...