Friday, December 3, 2004

Form, Not Function

I really have missed Sunday afternoon's with Juanita.  In all reality I probably will not see her until next month, (God willing and the creek don't rise) (I've always loved that cliche I often heard while growing up).  The Form, Not Function exhibit will kick off January 14.  I'm aiming to take the workshop lead by Melody Johnson and will see Juanita then.  I'm going to send her the link to my postcards.



I sold five postcards at the conference! That was such a great feeling and I realized how much I missed selling. Darlene purchased my favorite one and I had a little seperation anxiety over letting it go but I know Darlene will provide a good space for it.  She said she would not be mailing it but displaying it in her office.  Also, I received so much incredible encouragement from people and was informed of several major art and craft festivals in Lexington and Berea that I plan to check out. 



This leads me to ponder getting a business license and tax id and all that jazz.  I charged a flat fee of 20 dollars for the postcards.  But that was really undercutting it. Even the most simple constructed ones should start at nothing short of 25.00.  But if I do this on a circuit, I will probably need to charge tax and be able to take credit cards, etc.



Working the circuit would be so cool to do with Deborah. Maybe target about 3-4 venues annually and just take our wares and see what happens. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...