Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Know Thyself

Well, I always say that the only people who do not have stress are dead.  My enthusiasm and love for quilting has taken me to stress city.  Once this wallhanging is complete for Darlene, I know this feeling will be a vague memory in light of the joy I'll receive from presenting it to her...on the 18th...in 10 days!!!!!!!!!   I'm thinking of some short cuts I can take...but at the moment I'm regretting ever opening my mouth.  I'm interviewing to fill a position at work, working out the logistics of HMIS, staying on top of the CoC process, plus supervising 2 folks and managing 16 units of the long term housing...the last thing I need is another deadline. 



Quilting provides me a sense of peace, communion with God, a sense of freedom and flow and playfulness, and clarity in mind and body...quilting under duress just negates all of that!  Does this mean I could never make a living with this?  More than likely, the answer is yes, I can't make a living with this because discipline, or discipline as capitalism requires, is antithetical to my meandering mind.



Subconscious talking to ego: Karoda, always know thyself and behave accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...