Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boredom, Sewing, Carrot Cake, First Wives Club, Shiraz, & SistahFriends

I'm bored outta my skin!  I've visited all my usual online places and I guess everyone is busy with after holiday commitments or either have way more interesting things going on than I...which wouldn't take much considering I'm such a home body.



See, if I had dedicated space to sew I could have used all this time on my hands to quilt...but nooooo, since I sew on the kitchen table and we've been using it to of all things, eat on.  The set  up and take down for an hour of sewing is not worth it at the moment.  Actually, I'm beat from all the cooking I did yesterday.  And to my credit, everything turned out except the carrot cake...the 3 layers kept sliding around. Mo suggested putting the frosting in the fridge before putting it on the cake...it helps to stablize the layers. But I was ready to be finished with everything and just go with the flow. I haven't tasted it yet...next time I'm craving for carrot cake I'll just splurge and buy a whole one from Helen's.  They are simply delicious and the best!



I'm watching the First Wives Club...wishing I had some Shiraz and my sistah-girlfriends to watch it with.  I wish I could find some local quilter girlfriends to get together and work with.  Maybe I'll pursue this with intent once we are in our own home. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...