Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Mystery

Mystery is behaving and living toward your dreams with expectation.  Very much like quilting.  Very much like creating a poem.  Very much like justice advocacy. If this is so, I live in mystery every single moment. 



Pam sent me a guided journal by Philip Simmons (not the same Phillip Simmons that is the iron gate maker from Charleston, SC) but an author from New Hampshire.  In the opening letter from the author he speaks to falling as living richly in the face of the losses we inevitably suffer...from this alone I can see why she has sent this to me.  The early part of November was filled with so much loss of life that I was angry and fighting hopelessness down like a bear protecting its young.  The first guided topic in the journal is about mystery. I've been thinking about it since Monday night...about the sense of mystery in my own living. 



This morning Dee called excited about a program in IUP that combines the Masters/Ph.D in five years...she is gonna go for it.  Thinking about her journal after we hung up...I thought this is mystery...when one acts and behaves forward toward the vision of their dreams with expectations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...