Saturday, January 15, 2005

Arturo, Arturo

The last 3 days are what I call big girl fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Three days of working in open space with others learning and working in fabric with an energetic instructor has just placed me in heaven!  After the overload in colour for 2 days, I decided to work with my own hand-dyes today for a softer eye...this was my progress and how I interpreted "power stripping" - Dscn0341













I had to stop because I was loosing control...but after I came home...I thought about changing the orientation to this - Dscn03411_1 the motif is repeated in the one I did yesterday and shows up better when viewed horizontally.  Any comments, suggestions are welcomed...Marti thought it would make a great 3-d piece sculpted in the shape of a bowl or at least some relief from the flat surface.  There was a piece in the show that had this elelment which was eye catching.  I plan to go several times back to the Carnegie to absorb the show and take my time viewing.  Its a pretty impressive show.  Carol Taylor's (see my side bar) Sedona art quilt took the best of show as judged by Arturo Alonzo Sandoval.  Ummm, I just discovered by googling that there is a noted jazz trumpeteer by the same name if one just uses the first and last name.  I'm going to go check out the jazz musician Arturo Sandoval.



bye, for now.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog- especially since it helped me find your blog which I'll add to my list. Great postcards! :) I love Melody's work- I read her blog too. About the buttons on typepad- here's a link to help: http://www.typepad.com/resources/2003/08/adding_an_image.html

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...